Friday, June 25, 2010

We Danced the Night Away!

This will be a pretty picture-heavy post…I’m bound and determined to finish these recaps before I give birth…so cross your fingers for me that I make it!

I already showed you what a good time some of the kiddos had…but they weren’t the only ones! I think that our DJ did a great job of playing music that we requested, music that kept the people out on the dance floor, and taking requests from guests. Yes, there was a song or two that was played that Brent asked me “Why did we choose THAT song?!?!”…but it turns out that they were guest requests. But enough from me - take a look at what a good time was had by one and all...us girls got our groove on!




I’m really NOT sure how this one didn’t make the “funny faces” post…

And here’s the requisite picture of the bride dancing while holding on to her alcoholic drink for dear life!

At one point during the night, the boys took a break and toasted each other back at the bar when Brent's one music request "A Country Boy Can Survive" was played…


It was a tradition of theirs or something…but don’t be fooled – they tore up the dance floor as well…check it out!




Yes, the YMCA was done…

My Mom even joined in on that one!

And at one point there was a Congo Line…though I really couldn’t tell you why…

And there was line dancing too…

I even managed to get my new step-son on the dance floor with me…isn’t he cute?!?!


And at one point, Brent and I managed a quick two-step…

Then it seems that neither MOH or I could find our husbands, so we made do with each other…

Before long, the music got a little raunchier…and the dancing got a good bit dirtier…



And I got hot! That’s the one thing that no one told me about wedding dresses – they get HOT!! So I improvised a quick fan from one of our programs, and went on with my grooving…

Last, but certainly not least, a circle was formed at some point, and we all went out one by one (or in pairs) and strutted our stuff…The Bride took her turn…

…with my fan, of course!

And a co-worker really showed us how it was done…


But even with all of HIS moves, I think that the Groom and one of his guys took the cake!



That was B on the left...Yep, they took it “old school” and had a blast doing it.

I have to tell you that I danced so much that I literally could not feel my toes for three days after the wedding. I did take a break here and there, once to put on flip flops, but for the most part I was on the dance floor from the minute the dancing started until it was time for us to leave…

A blast was had by one and all, and our friends and co-workers are still talking about what a great party we threw at our wedding. To be honest, I don’t think that anyone could pay me a higher compliment. I worked hard to make our wedding special, meaningful and FUN…so to still hear them talking about what a great time they all had…well, it just melts my heart!

**All photos courtesy of Christina Carroll Photography

Need to catch up? Here’s some links:
Girls’ Spa Day
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Setting Up the Venue…
Practice Makes Perfect…
Rehearsal Dinner
5 Minutes is All that I Need
A “Quick” Stop at the Hair Salon
A Sneak Peek at the Venue...
Arriving at the Venue...to Stay!
Getting Dressed
The Maids Pose for the Camera...
Oops - I’m Out of Order!
The Boys Smile and Say “Cheese!”
It’s Show Time!
Here Comes the Bride!
Becoming Man and Wife...
We’re Man and Wife!
Family Pictures
Now THAT’S Love!
The “Group” Says Cheese!
Now It’s Just Us...
It’s the Smallest Things...
Here Comes the Bride! And Groom!
Raise Your Glasses...
Our Cake Buffet
The Great Cake Cutting Debate
We Danced...
Two More Special Dances...
One Lucky Girl...and One “Excited” Guy!
The Many Faces of a Bride...
The Kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment