Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We Danced...

You would think that when you’re THIS close to finishing up your recaps that they would just flow right out of your fingertips and into your computer, huh? Yeah, not so much. Of course, that might have more to do with me entering into my third trimester...LOL! My focus is clearly on other things right now! But I WILL finish these up within the next week or two hopefully...then I can really concentrate on baby stuff...

So when we last met, we had listened to our friends’ moving speeches and fed each other some cake...no, I’m not going to mention the icing on my face that also happened...which means that now it’s time for dancing! I guess that it’s normal at most weddings for the dancing to not “officially” start until after the bride and groom have their first dance, and our wedding was no exception. And from the looks of some of the dancers in our crowd, it was past time to get the party started!

I mentioned before that we didn’t really practice our first dance. That’s true. We sort of planned on a junior high school shuffle around the floor with some twirls and spins thrown in for good measure…but all done on the spur-of-the-moment. Since we had actually talked about it, sort of, I guess that could be considered planning? Yeah, I didn’t think so either!

Either way, it worked out perfectly...Brent took my hand and led me out onto the dance floor as “our song” started playing. (You know that you never really realize how long a song actually is until it’s just you two on the dance floor with everyone watching you and snapping your picture, right?) Our dance was nothing special and everything that we wanted all at the same time...
(About halfway through the dance I realized that his tie was thrown over his shoulder, so I fixed that and the last of the pictures don’t show his tie all funny.)

How did we pass the time? Because it did feel sort of never-ending...well, we talked. About the icing on my face, of course! This was me giving him more grief about it - check out that mischievious grin on his face...
And we kissed...
He spun me a few times...
And made me laugh, which is nothing new!
Like I said, it was perfect. We even took a bow when it was all said and done...
Next up – the father/daughter dance and one more VERY special dance...stay tuned!

**All photos courtesy of Christina Carroll Photography

Need to catch up? Here’s some links:
Girls’ Spa Day
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Setting Up the Venue…
Practice Makes Perfect…
Rehearsal Dinner
5 Minutes is All that I Need
A “Quick” Stop at the Hair Salon
A Sneak Peek at the Venue...
Arriving at the Venue...to Stay!
Getting Dressed
The Maids Pose for the Camera...
Oops - I’m Out of Order!
The Boys Smile and Say “Cheese!”
It’s Show Time!
Here Comes the Bride!
Becoming Man and Wife...
We’re Man and Wife!
Family Pictures
Now THAT’S Love!
The “Group” Says Cheese!
Now It’s Just Us...
It’s the Smallest Things...
Here Comes the Bride! And Groom!
Raise Your Glasses...
Our Cake Buffet
The Great Cake Cutting Debate

No comments:

Post a Comment