Saturday, May 8, 2010

Raise Your Glasses...

You want to know the one problem with being a slacker bride when it comes to writing up your recaps? You have to look back at the file names on the pictures to remember some of the order of things! This is why you should write up your recaps right away, brides! Learn one more thing from me, please...

Once we had finished eating, we started making our rounds to visit with all the guests. Then, before I knew it, the DJ was turning the volume of the music down and asking us to make our way back up front. I glanced towards the front of the room and noticed MOH and Best Man S standing there at the DJ’s station with a microphone...that could only mean one thing – time for Toasts! MOH went and collected our glasses for us, and little J came up to stand with us while our friends toasted us...
Luckily for us, we have good friends and there was no roasting! There were a few jokes made between B and S during Best Man S’s toast, but most of the speech was about what a great friend B had been to S over the years. The guys got a little choked up, but no tears were shed.
Just like I can’t remember the order of the events during the evening specifically, I also can’t remember the exact words that S used in his speech. I do know that it was from the heart...with a few jokes thrown in for good measure...and meant the world to B.
Next up, it was MOH’s turn.
Now, I have to say that I was SO proud of myself for keeping my composure throughout the day. There was a moment of tears before I left the hotel...and then a few times during the ceremony where they threatened to make an appearance, but I held firm and they stayed away. That is, until MOH took the microphone. And then “ugly cry face” came out to party…

MOH had sweet, wonderful words to share with our family and friends, and even if I don’t recall each and every line of her toast, I do vividly remember her coming to my defense from nay-sayers who had threatened my choices and good mood the week before. It touched me so much that she (who wasn’t my actual sister) was supporting me (and us) like a real sister should (that’s how you can tell true sisters – not by blood, but by choice!). And that’s when it happened...ugly cry face came out to play...You can see the tears starting...
And then I tried to stop them by laughing...
But in the end, she moved me to tears, and I loved her for it.
There were hugs all around at the end of the speeches, between the guys...
And between us gals...
And you know that B couldn’t resist trying to mimic my ugly cry face to MOH afterwards! He’s such a comedian!
Next up, I needed to dry those eyes because it’s time to start the dancing...our first dance as husband and wife...with no clue about what we were going to do! No practicing or choreography for us, although it would have been REALLY nice!


**All photos courtesy of Christina Carroll Photography


Need to catch up? Here’s some links:
Girls’ Spa Day
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Setting Up the Venue…
Practice Makes Perfect…
Rehearsal Dinner
5 Minutes is All that I Need
A “Quick” Stop at the Hair Salon
A Sneak Peek at the Venue...
Arriving at the Venue...to Stay!
Getting Dressed
The Maids Pose for the Camera...
Oops - I’m Out of Order!
The Boys Smile and Say “Cheese!”
It’s Show Time!
Here Comes the Bride!
Becoming Man and Wife...
We’re Man and Wife!
Family Pictures
Now THAT’S Love!
The “Group” Says Cheese!
Now It’s Just Us...
It’s the Smallest Things...
Here Comes the Bride! And Groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment