Friday, March 26, 2010

The Maids Pose for the Camera...

Since B was opposed to a “first look” opportunity before the wedding ceremony, there was much juggling to be done before the show started to make sure that he got his wish. He’s a bit old-fashioned about it, and I argued against it before the wedding, but I have to admit that it was well worth seeing the look on his face when he saw me for the first time in my dress...well worth any juggling that we did before-hand.

We also had a bit of a time crunch, as we were starting our ceremony at 5:30 in the evening...one week before the time changed out of Daylight Savings Time...so I wasn’t really sure how much natural light we would have to work with after the ceremony. All of this meant that we did our individual pictures with our Guys and Maids before the ceremony started. I had originally thought (I don’t know WHAT I was thinking) that since there would be two photographers, that one would go with the Guys and one with the Girls and we would be taking our pictures at the same time. But seeing how much work went into getting these pictures...I know realize how foolish that thought really was. And how little I know about photography...

Even though we had plenty of light to work with on our BEAUTIFUL wedding day, it still took the second photographer working with a light shield thingy to get the most light in the most flattering spot on us for the best pictures. I’ll be honest and admit that there were possibly a few curse words spoken as she BLINDED me with the light screen to catch the glare right in my eyes, but the quality of the pictures was MORE than worth not being able to see for several minutes as my eyes readjusted to normal levels of sunlight...

First up, went the girls. Yes, we’re pickier...we actually LIKE to pose for the camera...and there were just tons of things that we could do. I had my Mom and little J on standby as our bouquet girls...along with some water as it was kinda hot outside. Don’t they look excited to be at our beck and call?
I think that J was just a "little" excited, huh?Christina loved Redbud Hall best because of the large field that is behind the hall. There’s a dirt road (sort of) that leads back to a fence line and you can just see for miles and miles...a great backdrop for pictures, I have to admit. And I love the way that she was right – getting out in the middle of the field and catching the blowing grasses really made the pictures that much more beautiful. Even if we had to deal with bugs, itchy grass and the possibility of ants.

By the way, there were a zillion pictures to choose from, and I just tried to choose and show off my favorites...

First, just the Maids and I...
Then we added the flower girl...Then we changed up the grouping a little...I wanted a single shot with each bridesmaid individually...first up, MOH...Then Maid Momma...And last, but not least, Maid Britney...These girls were SUCH a help to me during the wedding and the days leading up to the wedding. OK, I’ll be honest...it was the MONTHS up to the wedding! They still love me, so hopefully I wasn’t too bad of a bride-to-be!

Before we left the field, I wanted to grab a few pictures with J and I alone...I really LOVE this one where she leans in to “hug” me...so cute!And the last request that I had was a "generations picture" with my Mom, myself and J in it. I have to say, even though I’m talking about myself, that we are some good-looking women! Do you remember when my Mom called me and described her dress as being black and white paint drizzles? I talked about it somewhere and can't find it now...and was sort of worried...but she looked GREAT!

After we left the field – and got all the grasshoppers off of my dress – we headed to the hall next door, Tejas Hall to use their outdoor benches. There were too many guests arriving for us to use Redbud Hall, and I was sort of worried about going into someone else’s territory as Tejas Hall was rented and being used that same day. Luckily, their wedding started after ours, so no one but the groomsmen really saw us or anything.

Here we are trying so hard to follow Christina’s instructions to look serious, laugh, pose like Vogue or whatever...I think that these shots turned out great! Here’s my favorite one...After we finished these shots, I was getting anxious about the time and knew that Christina still needed to go and do pictures with the boys, so I shooed her off to do that while the girls put me back in my room...

**All photos courtesy of Christina Carroll Photography

Need to catch up? Here’s some links:
Girls’ Spa Day
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Setting Up the Venue…
Practice Makes Perfect…
Rehearsal Dinner
5 Minutes is All that I Need
A “Quick” Stop at the Hair Salon
A Sneak Peek at the Venue...
Arriving at the Venue...to Stay!
Getting Dressed

No comments:

Post a Comment