Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oops - I’m Out of Order!

Yeah, yeah, I hear you. I point-blank said that next up was pics of the guys...but I lied. Oh well. I’m pregnant and my brain does NOT work like it should be working! I’m also slightly anal-retentive so I like to stay in order...jumping back to the Maids’ time with the photographers for a quick post.

Hit rewind. All the way back to the field...before the Vogue/GQ poses...

I wasn’t crazy about doing a bridal session before the wedding. It was one of those things that I could live without. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that this wasn’t my first wedding...or maybe I just didn’t care about that little detail. As much as I like having my picture taken and putting on some “cheese” for the camera, it just wasn’t something that I wanted to do. But practicality says that at some point someone – my soon-to-be-husband or maybe my parents – might want a picture of just me in all of my bridal glory. I don’t want one on my desk...but someone might.

So keeping others in mind and trying not to be a totally selfish bride, I stood my ground in the field a little longer than the other girls so that Christina could grab a few shots of just me. Since I think that I actually did this FIRST before anyone else, they were all laughing at the faces that I was making because of the sun-glare hitting my eyes from the sun thingy that the second photographer had. Don’t worry – I told them to stuff it and got my revenge a few minutes later once they were blinded by it as well!

Here I am...this will be short and sweet since I feel funny posting pictures of just myself. Yes, I have a blog. Yes, I talk about my life as if it’s the most interesting thing I’ve ever heard about...but I’m really NOT that self-centered. At least, I don't think so.

Standing in the field, looking my most bridal-ish...

It was SO much easier looking off in the distance...
A little more breeze to lift the veil up a bit...
There's the sassiness that those who know me best are looking for!
This one is my favorite...
I love that my veil is just barely blowing...and the angle that puts the grasses blurry in front...

When we got over to the other hall and posed in the shade (Thank the Good Lord!) I opted not to take any other pictures of just me...five was plenty for people to choose from! But looking back, I’m glad that I did take a few shots of just me on this special day...especially since I didn’t do the bridal session before the wedding.
How do you feel about bridals? Did you do one or just take a few pictures of yourself alone on the big day to accomplish the same goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment