Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Getting Dressed

When we last left off, I was all set to start the process of turning a girl in her "undies" into a bride...So get ready for some funny faces – mainly from me as they get me into a dress without messing up hair, veil or make-up...


I was getting ready to have the dress come down over me...
I think that it started out with just MOH holding the dress, but we quickly realized that a few more hands were needed! You know that old saying about it taking a village to raise a child? Well, it might also apply to dressing a bride...Ah! Air!! It was needed and welcomed at this point! Maid Britney got the LOVELY task of making sure that "the girls" were staying right where they needed to be...
Luckily her task was easy enough, and Mom and MOH started on the laces...
Then we realized that not only did it take one person holding up the front, but someone needed to get the veil out of the way...enter Mom to the rescue.
Once that was out of the way, MOH could see what she was trying to do with the laces. It really helped having the seamstress cut off some of the "extra" on the laces...they were MUCH more manageable, just as a tip to future brides-to-be!

MOH and I had previously decided that we liked the corset laced bottom to top best...so that's where she started...I think that it was at this point that MOH was muttering curses and comments under her breath about brides that pig out the week of the wedding! I was doing my best to "suck it in" and hold still...You can see from my facial expression below that the "comments" were getting a little funny...or maybe I just chose to laugh and ignore her...
Almost done...
And what a pretty picture the back makes...MOH and Mom did a GREAT job!
While I was being tortured...I mean, while MOH was working SO hard on getting me all laced up...J was looking at me with little stars in her eyes. She kept saying over and over how much I looked like Cinderella...it almost made me cry. And she could NOT resist touching the sparkles...
I tried to make sure that each Maid was captured doing something special to help me get ready...MOH had already been in LOTS of shots getting me dressed, but she went about putting the final touches on J's hair and pinning her tiara in. (Note to other brides out there: this step of putting on the tiara is BEST left for right before the pictures start...I'm just saying.)
A pretty princess all ready to go!
Maid Britney helped me with the veil, which was fitting since she slaved so hard over it putting all those crystals on! Maid Momma helped me get my garters straight, which was really special if you know the history between us...this is what I helped her do at her wedding several years ago! And some of my favorite shots of us getting ready that Christina captured...little J slipping my shoes on...since she’d made the comment about me looking like Cinderella, it was really a simple choice to have her help me put my shoes on. I mean, she was the closest one to the floor! But I’m SO glad that these shots were captured...they were SO sweet in real life! LOVE those shoes! Wasn’t that the sweetest?!?!?

Stay tuned for the girls’ pictures!

All photos courtesy of Christina Carroll Photography

Need to catch up? Here’s some links:
Girls’ Spa Day
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Setting Up the Venue…
Practice Makes Perfect…
Rehearsal Dinner
5 Minutes is All that I Need
A “Quick” Stop at the Hair Salon
A Sneak Peek at the Venue...

No comments:

Post a Comment