Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Boys’ Gifts...

I don’t think that I’ve talked much about the gifts that we’ve selected for our wedding party. That’s mainly because all of my Maids read this blog and I want their gifts to be a surprise...but since NONE of the Boys know about the blog, much less read it...and I think that they all know about their gifts anyway, it doesn’t hurt a thing to share their gifts with you all!

So, you know from this post that one of their gifts is the tie that they will wear the day of the wedding.

And you know from this post that another one of their gifts is the socks for the wedding. I posted this picture from the seller’s site...

source


But in actuality, the color isn’t purple at all (according to me, a connoisseur of eggplant!) but more like a burgundy color. See for yourself...

Does it even look like the same pair of socks?

At this point, I don’t really care that they don’t match. Actually, I do care. But it’s just too much trouble to return them and get another set of socks that might not be any closer that what I was wanting...so this lazy bride is content with the socks that she has! I know, I know...totally lazy of me!

But the gift that we were really excited about giving them – and they’re all excited to get are these babies:


Yep, we’re giving them all Chucks in black and white to wear after the ceremony is over. Since we needed their shoe sizes to place the order, they had to know about the gift in advance. B says that they’re all pretty pumped about them...

And we’re ordering them for T too, as he’s the ring bearer. B and I talked about it the other night and unless the shoes are included in T’s suit rental (which we have NOT taken care of yet!) we’re just going to let him wear the Chucks for the ceremony too. B got a little upset that T get’s to wear his Chucks for the ceremony and I won’t let B and the Boys wear theirs...but my point is valid. I want nice dress shoes, that’s what I’d prefer that T wore too. But he doesn’t own any right now (since most churches are more casual about dress codes these days than when I grew up...) and I really don’t want to buy him shoes that he’ll outgrow in 3 months. Which is why we’re not buying his suit either...

B gets my point and begrudgingly accepts defeat on this one. Not that I’m keeping score, mind you! LOL. I love the shoes, and hope to catch lots of cute shoe shots with our photographer!

What are you doing for your Groomsmen gifts? Anyone else doing Chucks? I know that it’s a popular choice right now...

1 comment:

  1. We did brown chucks for all our groomsmen also and they love them. A greate gift they can actually get some use out of after the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete