Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Goodness...

I’ve got SO much to share! Things have been a little hectic (to say the VERY least) the last few weeks and I’m sure that some of you may have noticed the “lightness” on my blog.

But I’m BACK in the groove now! Ready to go. I was able to spend a VERY nice afternoon with MOH yesterday and realized that there are SO many things that I haven’t written about yet that I’ve been doing in the background for our wedding. I have to admit, I’ve been in a non-wedding planning mood lately and I’ve got to kick it into high gear here. Why you ask?

Because it’s 159 days until our wedding!!! That magical 5 month mark is getting closer and closer with each day…and I have to admit that it’s making me a little nervous…I’m not sure why – it’s just a number, but still.

So, one thing that I’ve had for about two months now and just realized that I hadn’t written about it when I was visiting with MOH yesterday was my new centerpiece idea. I had originally thought to do something that brought in my love for scrapbooking and go completely away from flowers in the centerpieces. I was going to concentrate on photos of us and the kiddos…thinking that each centerpiece would be unique and help to generate some mingling amongst the guests, especially since it seems unlikely that our families will meet before the big day.

But in stepped one of my Maids. She got married just last fall (this was the wedding where little CC and Mr. CC’s son just couldn’t understand my Mr. CC and I couldn’t just step up there and get married then too!) and had some fabulous centerpiece holders. She had meant to sell them after her wedding, but a few months ago when I was up in Dallas for work and hanging out with her one night, mentioned that she hadn’t actually gotten rid of them yet. A quick tally on the total that she had remaining proved to be plenty for my tables.

This introduced a whole new element for me….something to consider. The downfall in my eyes was that it meant using fresh flowers…or dried ones…or fake ones…just something that I hadn’t planned on doing. But they’re just SO pretty! I couldn’t resist taking one of them home for Mr. CC to look over and see what he thought.

Here's a pic of the box that shows what it might look like with full flowers...

He thought that they were cool, and of course, since my Maid is willing to let me use them, it’s that much better. AWESOME!
Here's another picture of the vase out of the box...

So what do you think? There are a couple of ideas brewing my head of how to use these possibly without using full-out flowers…but you’ll have to stay tuned to hear what MOH came up with yesterday on how to do that…

Did you have an original idea that you just LOVED that eventually got changed because something else came along? How did that effect your planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment