Wednesday, May 20, 2009

REALLY Impatiently Waiting...

So I wrote the other day that my dress was soon to be here…in Austin…possibly in my house! And I was just on pins and needles for the rest of the week. In all honesty, I wrote that post last Friday, and had actually talked to the store several days earlier.

What I didn’t write about was that my mom was coming into town this past weekend. Little CC is playing soccer (only 2 games left!) and she and my step-dad wanted to come and see her in action, so they made the trek down to Austin to visit with us on Saturday. I didn’t tell anyone about my dress being on it’s way from the warehouse heading to the store, because I was hoping to be able to surprise my mom. I was a “bad daughter” and bought the dress without my mom being present back on President’s Day while Alfred Angelo was running the mother of all sales.

And you know, a little voice in the back of my mind told me that they would have another sale, no big deal…I could wait…but you know what? They HAVEN’T had another sale as good as that one. So, although I was in “big trouble” with both Mama CC and my Maids, it was a GOOD sale!

So, since she missed out on the picking OUT of the dress, I was hoping that the store would call me on Friday and tell me that I could pick up the dress on Saturday while Mama CC was here. That way she would be there for the picking UP of the dress…and we could try it on in the store and play with veils and things…

I waited somewhat patiently ALL DAY LONG on Friday. Every time my cell phone rang, I jumped on it to answer it. No calls from Alfred Angelo.

I was seriously bummed. I mean, this would have been SO cool if it had worked out. But I made my peace with things on Friday night, and Mr. CC helped to cheer me up by pointing out that we could still go to the store and try on the floor model so that she could at least see it…it wouldn’t be as good as the real thing, but if that’s the closest that I can get…I’ll take it.

Are you ready for the bad news? Well, maybe it’s not bad news…maybe it’s just ironic. My parents got here Saturday morning about an hour before the soccer game, and just as we left for the game, the bottom dropped out of the sky. It poured for three hours. And the soccer game was called off. Yep. They drove 4 hours to see the rain.

The good news? Well, there’s two bits of good news. First up, we more than made up for a missed soccer game with a trip to the Salt Lick. Now, for those of you not familiar with this Austin landmark restaurant, it’s phenomenal. Literally the best bar-b-que anywhere around. It’s this little hole in the wall ranch-style restaurant in the middle of nowhere about 20 miles outside of Austin. Finger-licking good. I seriously think that they have the best pickles anywhere around…and their peach cobbler? To die for. Yummy. Yes, I got the ice cream. It was REALLY good.

The other bit of good news? While I was in the shower Saturday morning before they got there, I missed a call on my cell phone. Who could it be? Yep, you guessed it. My gown arrived on Saturday morning and was ready to be picked up. YIPPEEEE!

So it all worked out. Yes, it was a long drive for them to make for lunch. But, Mama CC was SO happy to get to see me in MY dress, and we took little CC along with us, since she hadn’t seen it either. Little CC gave me tiara after tiara to try on, and she loved the veils that we tried on…she wanted to go home and put her dress on and “play princess” too!

It really meant a lot to me to have Mama CC there with me when I picked up my dress. It wasn’t the same as her being there when I picked it out, but I was tickled pink that it all worked out.

Now, I know the question that you’re all DYING to know the answer to…did the dress fit?

You’ll have to wait to find out! That’s another post…

No comments:

Post a Comment