Friday, October 2, 2009

More Paper Goods – Thank You cards

Here’s a project that I knocked out with ease...our Thank You cards. Yes, I’m a little early on getting them together, but I want to have them on hand after the wedding since we’re not leaving on our honeymoon right away and I’ll actually have two weeks to possibly get them done before we leave? I know, those are probably just pipe dreams, but allow me my delusions for now, ok?

I designed the thank you note in my trusty Word program, using text boxes and a new font that I found via Miss Apple Cider on weddingbee - you can find it here, if you're interested. Nothing fancy, and I just planned on stamping our scroll and embossing it, of course. That will dress it up plenty!

I ordered the cardstock from here, and waited patiently for it to come in. I laid out the design so that I could fit 2 thank you cards on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper, and went to town printing them out. I don't really know why, but on one of them I printed the "Thank you" up high and the other down low...can't really say why. Here they are all printed out:
I used my cutting tools from Creative Memories to trim them down to size, and my Martha bone folder (man – that is one HANDY tool!) to make a nice fold along the right edge. Here’s me in action: Pretty? Yes. Finished? No. Once that was done, I got out our scroll stamp and stamped and embossed them. And the final result? Here you go! Aren’t they gorgeous?!? Simple. Elegant. Beautiful. Yes, I’ll admit that I’m slightly (ok, maybe a LOT) biased. But so what. I like them, and that’s all that matters. (Sorry for the shadow, that's just me bending over them while I took the picture...)

Now I just have to wait patiently for the matching lighter weight paper to arrive...I plan on using an envelope template to make the envelopes for these.

Did you jump the gun on a few projects to be better prepared? I hope that I’m not the only one!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! What a great idea to make your own cards. I'm such a sucker for cute cards - I have boxes of them at home. But I'm going to have to try this one for my next event!

    ReplyDelete