Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Invitation Budget...

So where did I leave off? Oh yeah, wiping the drool from my chin as I admired my invitations...that's awfully rude of me!

I just love them soooo much - you'll forgive me right? I hope so!

To be perfectly honest, I don’t know that I could have gotten an invitation suite so elegant and classy for the price that I paid to make them myself. You know that I’m not going to leave you without a cost breakdown, so here it is:

Invites:
Black cardstock paper - $44.91
Stardream Opal cover weight paper - $40.54
Stardream Opal text weight paper - $40.47
100 Postcard stamps for RSVPs - $28.00
2 Replacement ink cartridges for printer - $24.87 each
Postage @ $.61 each to mail - $49.80
Various items: such as embossing ink, black embossing powder, quote stamp, tape runner refill cartridges – all reflected in grand total

Tools needed: embossing gun, tape runner, paper cutters (large and small) all already owned. Also the scroll stamp was used in SO many other paper projects that it’s cost was just absorbed in my overall paper goods budget, not reflected here.

Pocketfolds:
Previously posted the cost breakdown, found here

Envelopes:
Stardream Opal 6x6 square envelopes - $40.00
(The actual price was $20.50 more for a rush shipment, remember that boo-boo? But B said that I shouldn’t count that in my budget since he offered to pay for that expense out of the wedding budget. Thanks, B!)

I think that’s it. Seems like a lot, huh? I had enough material to make 100 invites (I only made about 85) and I have plenty of material left over for all of the other various paper projects that I have planned.

The grand total came to $378.41, as close as I can estimate.

That’s $3.78 per invite.

Not bad, if you ask me. But since you didn’t ask me, I will be honest and say that I did NOT shop around online for prices on invitations that were done by someone else. This is one DIY project that I always knew that I would do. So I don’t really have anything to compare that price to. I think it’s good, but then again, I’m a bit biased on this subject!

How did you feel about your invites once they were all done? Was it worth the struggle and headaches that they might have caused along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment