Friday, August 28, 2009

Later...

Did you know that there is life after your wedding? I’m not sure that I do. Especially right now. We’re at T minus less than 60 days and it’s getting close. Like really close. For almost a whole year now, mine and B’s conversations have revolved around our wedding. What we liked, what we didn’t like, the overall feel and atmosphere that we wanted to create...you get the picture, right?

It’s the oddest thing, but our conversations are starting to begin with this sentence: “After the wedding is over...” and then fill in the blank.

It’s really an amazing feeling. To know that there is a time AFTER the wedding. When we’ll be husband and wife. When every spare penny won’t be pumped into our wedding account. When there won’t be piles of this and that scattered around our house, waiting for me to have 10 uninterrupted minutes to “finish up just one little thing.” When I will have time to watch TV again.

I might not know what to do with myself. Honestly. You think that I’m joking here, but I’m not. I’ve been so focused on this wedding, and all of the DIY projects that I’ve had on my plate that it’s almost mind-blowing to find myself wrapping things up. And since you know all about B putting the restriction for new projects on me...I’m becoming reacquainted with someone that I haven’t seen in a while – Free Time. Isn’t that crazy?

Please tell me that I’m not the only bride to feel this way. To feel that there’s actually light at the end of the tunnel, and instead of getting smaller and smaller, it’s starting to illuminate the space around me. I actually took the time to vacuum my house last night. In the middle of the week. AND I did the stairs, which involved pulling attachments out of the closet. You’re snickering at me right now, but I can’t honestly tell you the last time that I did household chores on a week night! For real.

It’s kind of nice. I’ve been a little apprehensive about what I would do with myself once the wedding was done and over with...could it be possible that the day that happens is getting closer and closer? Yes, I do believe it is. Wow. I might need to sit down and put my head between my knees for a minute as this idea takes hold...otherwise I could fall and trip in my excitement as I skip down the hall!

How are/were you feeling at 60 days out from your wedding? I’ve been SO stressed the last month (like worse than normal) that this peace coming over me is SO nice! But I’m sure that it’s bound to be short-lived as we get closer and closer to our date. Do you have any stress-relieving tips to share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment