Thursday, July 16, 2009

100 Days and Counting…

I don’t know about other brides out there, but MAN – time is FLYING by me at the moment. I’ve got a slew of projects on my plate, and time is slipping past me. I looked up at my calendar yesterday and saw that today marked the 100 day mark. Yep, that’s right, there’s only 100 days until our wedding…

Breathe in. Breathe out. Deep, calming and relaxing breaths Miss CC…you can do it. Double digit numbers are your FRIENDS!

So, just in case you’re a bride and you’re thinking that I’m crazy right about now, I thought that I would share with you my to do list. This is the list that I carry around that keeps me on track with all the craziness that resides in my head. Ok, maybe not all of the craziness, but at least the wedding related craziness! J

To Do:
Toss packages
- work on tag verbage
- do mock up
- order petals
Favor packages
- work on tag verbage
- do mock up
Set up Target registry
Set up registry at Lowe’s
Bring flower girl dress back to Allie
Quilt project
- need 1 ½ more yards of muslin from Hancock’s
- need ½ yard more of black sateen from Hancock’s
- need ½ yard more of black/white floral print fro JoAnn’s
- trial run with Sharpie (med point and fine point)
- piece together “mock up” for display at reception
- work on sign verbage for display at reception
- need 60 smaller “sign in” pieces (38 already made)
- need 120 black squares (60 already cut)
Work on invitation wording and start design in Photoshop
Start music lists for DJ
Inquire with TOT about using ovens on site?
Nail down time of ceremony (for invites). Get with Christina (photo) on this, as she’s the expert!
Decide about adding another hour of photography to contract

Hmmm…you think that doesn’t look too bad, huh? Well, consider that I work full-time and am mother to a seven-year old child, soon to be step-mom to an eleven-year old son who is staying with us every other two weeks all summer long, my fiance plays on a softball league which has at least one game each week, we’re on a fitness “plan” to work out at least 4-5 times each week…


Are you feeling my pain yet?!?! This list is the only thing that keeps me sane some days. I’d love to hear if there’s a better way to do this. I think that my list is great, but maybe there’s a better way…then again, I get SUCH satisfaction crossing items off of my list, that I’ll probably just stick to my list!

How are you tracking your progress as you get closer and closer to your big day? Are you feeling the stress watching that countdown?

No comments:

Post a Comment