Sunday, October 18, 2009

It Looks More “Real” Now...

Well, not really, but kind of.

Let me explain.

You see, B’s truck has been in the shop a lot in the last two weeks. His power door locks went out one day for no reason, and Carmax can’t figure out what the deal is. So he spent a few days driving around in my car during the day while the technicians were looking things over. That’s the bad news. The good news? Well, the repairs are all covered under warranty (cha-ching goes the money staying in the bank!) and because we live outside of Austin, he was killing a lot of free time in town trying to avoid driving home and back so much when I’m at work all day. Which translates into him running wedding errands for me!

See? It was REALLY good news, wasn’t it? LOL.

Anyway, one thing that I sent him to do the other day was to pick up my wedding band. It’s been at the jeweler’s while he made payments on it since we picked it out, and it was time to make the last payment and bring home the prize. He laughed at me for doing this, but I know that deep down on the inside he was tickled pink that I put it on my finger as soon as he picked me up for lunch that day. I think that it must have looked like true love or something because he accused me of “pretending” to put the ring back in the box and bag when he dropped me off back at work after lunch. Like I would want to wear that extra bling while I worked or something...sheesh, I’ve never even thought such a thing!

I hope that you’re picking up on the sarcasm, because I’m laying it on pretty thick!

No, I didn’t “pretend” to take the lovely off. But I did have to document the occasion that night when we got home...too bad the pictures didn’t turn out so well. I don’t know what my problem was! But here you go! A lovely bag to see...
Followed by a pretty box... OH! And a bright, shiny, sparkly thing! Here you can see the European shank to the shape of the ring. It helps to keep the ring from turning as you move your hands around (or type as I do all day long). I wasn't sure about it at first, but I LOVE it now.
What’s that? You want to see how it looks with my e-ring? Well, only because you insisted... I got accused of jinxing the whole thing by wearing my wedding band long enough to snap these shots. Men. They just don’t get that we want to see it all together, do they? Oh well. He let me do my thing, then promptly took it away for “safe keeping” from me.

My rings came as a set, which I liked best since it was important to me that they fit together as well as possible. I didn’t want a big gap between the rings to show...that’s just me being anal. Although I read about brides having second thoughts – about their dress or their ring choices – there was never any doubt that this was MY ring. And MY wedding band. I offered to look for something a little less expensive, especially after B got layed off, but he wouldn’t hear of doing such a thing. He really is good to me, huh?

So this was the moment where it finally hit me how close we’re getting. Yes, I look at the countdown every single day. And there are people around me at work and family members who remind me how many days are left constantly. But picking up your wedding band? That’s just WAY more real for some reason.

Mentioning wedding bands, B’s isn’t here yet. I’ve contacted the seller on etsy and they assure me that the ring is going in the mail tomorrow with a two-day delivery set up...but you know that I’m sweating bullets on this one!

1 comment:

  1. I love your perspective and the "never give up" attitude! This is such good advice, and certainly applies to matters of the heart.
    I'm gonna paste a link below, to a video by Leah, which tells the story of how she met her soulmate. It's a really nice piece. Take a look and I hope you agree.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/leah

    ReplyDelete