Friday, October 9, 2009

Having an "Epiphany"

I’ve mentioned a time or two (or twenty) that one of our groomsmen is getting married a short two weeks after our own wedding. We’re thrilled and touched that he and his fiance will be making the trip out to Texas to stand up with “us” so soon before their own wedding. Now that I’m less than three weeks out from my own wedding, I can’t imagine taking time off of work (and wedding planning) to spend three or four days in another state at someone else’s wedding.

I know it’s probably not that big of a deal to the groom-to-be...but I feel for the bride-to-be! Seriously, I do. It means so much to us that they’ll be here for us on our special day, and of course, we’re returning the favor and going to their wedding in November. (Remember this is the trip that we combined for our honeymoon?)

Anyway, last week in the mail, we got their wedding invitation. It was stunning. Simple, elegant, and very them – if that makes sense. In addition to the wedding invitation itself, there was of course, an RSVP card. Now, you all know with my own frustrations in the forefront of my mind dealing with RSVP cards, I was quick to take the RSVP card right then and there and mark “Accepts” right away.

And then something nearly magical happened. On the line where you write the name of the person sending the RSVP for...it struck me that I would literally be RSVPing as Mr. and Mrs. First Name Last Name.

WOW.

I’ve read from other bridal blogs and all about having that moment when it really hits you that this deal is almost here. That it’s really going to happen, and things change after that moment. This was my “Holy Cow!” moment for realizing that the wedding was taking place. Seems like something so small to bring about such an epiphany of a moment, but you know how it goes.

I proudly wrote our names...and then started jumping up and down like a school girl and yelling at B to come and look. He’s a good groom and he got what I was excited about right away. Because in reality, by the time that we attend their wedding we will be a Mr and Mrs. How cool is that?!?!

I know, you’re not as excited as I am, but this was my moment to realize that we’re almost there. And it was pretty darn exciting for me!

Have you had your moment yet? What set it off? Something small and mundane or something bigger and more important? I’d love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I have totally hit my moment. I am only 8 days out and I have hit my 'its real' point. When I busted out my suit cases last week to pack for Maui it hit me...like a brick!!

    ReplyDelete