Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Little One's Prayer...

OK, I know that this post isn't wedding-related. I hope that you'll forgive me...but sometimes it's nice to take a break, and this is just WAY too cute not to share!

My daughter is seven years old. For those of you who don't have children and read my blog, kids really DO say the darndest things. For those of you readers who do have children, this post is to let you know that your kids aren't the only ones...

My daughter prays each night when I tuck her in to sleep. For the family members (Mom) who know some of the past history, or if you have kids of your own, children's prayers are downright comical. J's prayers have come a long way in the past 6 months, but I have to share her latest.

We just prayed, so this is the best of my paraphrasing ability:

"Dear Lord, we want to thank you for this day.
We want to thank you for our family that we love very, very, very much.
Jesus, we want to thank you for the bad guys. They teach us how to fight and that's a good thing. But only if you fight bad guys. If you fight good guys, then you're probably the bad guy.
We want to thank you for the food.
And for school.
Lord, we really want to pray that eveyrone has money to buy things. Things that you need, and things that you just have to buy. You know, AAAAAALLLLLLLLLL the things that we want to buy.
So anyway, we love you super duper duper duper much, and we're sorry that you died.
We want to have good dreams tonight, and we love you super duper duper duper duper much. Amen."

It just doesn't get any sweeter than that, does it? I'm pretty sure that the comment about buying all the things that you just have to have was pretty much directed at me. I probably told her "no" recently about something that she wanted that she didn't need. Sounds like something I would say...

B still laughs when she prays her thank you for the food...he keeps telling me that you only pray thanks for the food at dinner, and I keep telling him to let the seven year-old pray however she wants to. It's her prayer, after all. In his defense, he mainly used to say that when she started her prayer with that, so it really was like the prayer before a meal. LOL.

Do you have a cute kid's prayer to share with me? I'd love to know that I'M not the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment