Saturday, September 26, 2009

Enhancing My Vocabulary

I turn to my wonderful readers again for more help. I still haven’t decided about assigned seating or not. I know...within the next week I’ll have to make up my mind, but I’m looking at a few nights without kids, and if I’m going to do this project, I need to get cracking. Then it’s done if I decide to use them, and if not...oh well.

I’m talking about the table names. We don’t really have a theme for our wedding, so I can’t do something cute like this wedding with the board game table names...



or this wedding with the animal table names...


I know how I would present the table names – using the large mason jars and hanging a sign around the largest Mason jar using the same paper elements found throughout and the twine that will hold the drink names onto the glasses. Now I just need to figure out what to use.

What have I thought about doing? Well, it’s simple. Either using plain old numbers...1, 2, 3 and so on.

OR I could use table names like Love. Hope. Dreams. Life. You know? So I’ve been tossing this idea around, and I like it. But I need more single words that you’d find at a wedding. I’ll share mine, and then you can help me think of some others, ok?

Here’s my list:
Love
Kiss
Life
Laugh
Hope
Dream
Wish
Imagine
Joy
Pray

You know, hopeful words. Words that inspire, or just give you a good feeling in your chest. I need at least 16 words...and I’m a little short. So do you have any suggestions for me?

1 comment:

  1. I like the themed tables (words) but only for not a lot of tables. It would be frustrating to have to search 20 tables to find one since they aren't in a logical numerical order. Maybe you could arrange them alphabetically?

    Other words:
    Vow
    Cherish
    Sweet
    Celebrate

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete