Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Unique Wedding Entrance Anyone?

Oh my goodness. I was reading through my blog roll the other day when I stumbled across this post from a new favorite of mine, 100 Layer Cake. (Check out their blog – it’s SUPER cute!)

In case you don’t feel like clicking over, the post was titled “Best Wedding Entrance Ever. Seriously” and it had a link within the post to a video on uTube for you to watch. The point of the post was that no matter how unique a bride and groom might wish to make their entrance for their wedding, it’s cool because it’s THEIR entrance. No matter if you personally like it or not, it’s all about them and their wedding day and a unique entrance can just add a little something extra to the day.

Now, there might be some doubting Thomas’ out there, but B and I SERIOUSLY discussed (as a total joke!) doing a different wedding entrance, something just like what this couple did. There was this one day when B mentioned that it was no fair that a bride got to make a grand entrance and the groom just stood at the alter and waited. So I told him that we could find him a song to walk into too, if he wanted...something like Justin Timberlake’s “Sexy Back” crossed my mind. Mainly because he makes SO much fun of that song (even though secretly deep-down he likes it!) and I got this whole mental image in my head of his groomsmen standing up at the alter with shades on bopping their heads along saying “Yea” at the appropriate times...and B just dancing his own little jig down the aisle, showing off his moves.

Of course, I shared my vision with B...and it got nixed. But we had a good laugh about it all. And then this video hit the internet...and it makes me wonder if something like that would really be cute?

Go ahead, go watch it. I’ll wait.

Would you do a non-traditional wedding march? Do you think that it would detract from the overall feel of the day? I’m curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment