Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It’s the Little Things...

Believe it or not, there are some days when you’re planning a wedding when nothing goes right. When things are driving you so crazy that you don’t even care anymore. When you argue, fuss or fight with the one that you love the most over the smallest, most inconsequential things...until you’re both just cross-eyed and weary of it all.

It’s kinda like being pregnant, when your brain is fried by hormones and you go kinda loopy. Planning a wedding does the same thing – it kills brain cells. Makes you completely crazy some days. Makes your eyes cross or go wide...to the point where you understand why that bride ran away!

I had that moment one night last week. And to be perfectly honest, I think that B was really worried that I was on the edge of a breakdown. I think that he was a little scared. Both scared for me and maybe even a little scared of me. (There is a difference) You just get so frustrated that you take out these little things on the one that you love the most, when you don’t mean to.

The good thing in all of this?

Even though you might fuss and argue with each other, at the end of the day you still love this person that you’re planning this with, even if they occasionally have crazy eyes. For me, it’s the little things that this person does for you to let you know that they still care. What is this for me?

It’s walking into my bathroom after a trip and seeing my toiletries all put back onto my side of our bathroom counter. Knowing that even though he gave me grief for using SO many beauty products...he lovingly took the time to put them up for me. It’s not much, but this is the man that I will marry. This is my best friend. And this is just one small example of showing someone how much you care.

I don’t need flowers every day or fancy things. Words spoken, but not meant don’t mean much to me either. But a man that will put away your toothpaste, deodorant and multiple bottles of lotions that you use? He’s a keeper.

There may be things about your loved ones that you would try to change or wish were different, but maybe it’s more important to focus on the good things. The big things and the little things that really matter. Maybe it’ll help keep you sane through the last few months of planning a wedding.

Thank you, B. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment