Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tired of Making Decisions...

Please tell me that other brides out there with about 3 months left until the big date reach this point too...it looks like this, and carries with it a lot of stress and turmoil.


Yes, ladies, that is the face of “I do NOT want to make another decision!” I feel like I wear this face some days. Some items are so easy to cross off of my To-Do list...while others require constant and endless decisions. Is this just me making things harder on myself than they have to be?

I don’t know. I know that I’m anal retentive. With a side serving of slight OCD. I get that. And despite it all, B loves me anyway. And we’re getting married in 90 days. Nothing will change that fact. Whether we have flowers or not. Whether The Guys wear suits, tuxes, or overalls...the wedding WILL still occur.

That’s what I try to keep foremost in my mind. That no matter what else happens. No matter if the caterer backs out, the cake tasting is a bust, the ceremony isn’t exactly what we wanted, or if it rains on the big day...at the end of the day, we’ll still be married.

It seems weird to me. There are so many details that go into planning a wedding that I couldn’t care less about. And then there are things that I get stuck on that have to be perfect – that’s probably just the OCD talking! It’s just easier to focus on what I want to focus on, and leave the rest to fall as it may.

Many days, at the end of the day, I feel like I’ve made SO much progress...and I scratch so many things off of my To Do list that I have to re-write the darn thing just to keep all my marks straight. So here’s the question for you: If I have to re-write the list because of all that’s scratched off, how can it possibly double in size when I re-write it???

Can someone please answer that little bitty question for me? Please? That’s all I want to know.

Regardless, this IS fun. I want the big wedding. I’m sorry, WE want the big wedding. And I love my family and friends for stepping up and offering to help. Unfortunately, none of them are close enough to do much good other than offer me advice from afar...mental note, find closer slaves. I mean, friends. Yeah, that’s what I meant!
Are you other brides out there struggling with these issues too? Are you tired of designing and printing, not to mention folding and taping and hot-gluing? I love it all, don’t get me wrong...but there are days when Vegas SCREAMS my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment