Friday, December 12, 2008

A Wedding Bee Wanna "Bee"

Yes, it’s true. I’m a wedding bee wanna “bee”, pun totally intended. I heart the weddingbee.com website. It is the best wedding website that I have found yet, and like I mentioned before, I can barely start my day now without reading over the prior days’ posts by the bees. The site is completely dedicated to weddings – wedding ideas, wedding issues, DIY projects, samples, vendors, sharing your frustrations and your joys. And if you’re a soon-to-be bride who intends to DIY a lot of your wedding-related projects it’s a treasure-trove of ideas.

I wasn’t officially engaged until last week, but my fiancé and I have been talking about what we want at our wedding for the last three months. So a friend of mine, the same one that encouraged me to start blogging – thanks BH – turned me onto this great website and I have just been green with envy the last three months.

Not only was I envious of these “famous” girls who are so glamorous and get to blog and become bees (apparently there is quite a process involved in becoming a bee) for doing something that I secretly wanted to do – but they were also engaged. A state of contentment that I WANTED to be in, but wasn’t QUITE in the inner circle of yet. Yes, there are things that you can search and plan and do prior to your guy popping the big question. But honestly, they are limited.

You can start your search for color schemes, center piece ideas, and crafty projects that ultimately build the overall theme/feel of your wedding. And you can start your vendor search for bakeries, photographers, and venue locations. But if you actually call any of those people before the official engagement has occurred, trust me, they think that you’re a little bit crazy. I know what I’m talking about. I’ll never be able to call that one venue again….ever. Good thing that they ended up being a little on the pricey side. J

So, now you know a little bit more about me. I’m a wedding bee wanna “bee” and proud of it. I’m actually a little more excited about just a normal blog so that I’m not tied down to wedding-related blogs. Because trust me, there is a whole wealth of useless informational trivia in my head, and I can’t wait to share it all with YOU!

Miss Cotton Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment