Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Have a VERY Stressful Christmas...

(If you hum the title to the tune of "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" it works REALLY well!)

As most of you know, my company is transferring to a new software program on January 1st, and I’m having a heck of a time keeping up with it all. It’s good that all of my hard work and all over the last 7 months is coming to fruition, but at the same time, I’m just not prepared!

I’m stressed out to the max, and feel like there are times that I might be going crazy! Short trip, believe me I know! And I know that I’m driving my loved ones crazy right along with me. That’s taking the whole misery loves company a little to the extreme, right?

Luckily, I haven’t had my daughter since Monday, so she’s been safe out of harm’s way. But my poor fiancĂ©. I think that he just doesn’t know what to do with me. He’s only got two options…
1.) Stay out of my way
2.) Offer to help
And to be perfectly honest here, neither one is really a great choice. He’s stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If he stays out of my way, I feel his absence and notice it. And all of the little bickering that’s been going on due to my increased stressed level will only escalate because of it. Yes, yes – I’m super sensitive right now about a lot of things. Hopefully this will all ease once the program launch happens and my involvement can taper off a little bit.

If he offers to help, that could be even worse for him. I could take him up on the offer and drive him crazy along with me trying to transfer the knowledge that’s stuck inside my head to his head so that he CAN help me with things. And that might make him go nuts as well…

But maybe there’s a third option…
3.) Hunker down and ride out the storm

Yeah, that one might work best! Have any of you ever driven your loved one nuts due to stress? Surely I can’t be the only one…I just need someone to tell me that once this is over, it will all go back to normal…

No comments:

Post a Comment