Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Chelsea from The Perfect Catch passed along the Honest Scrap Award to me so here goes! Thanks!

The rules are:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself that your blogging friends do not know about you.
2. Give the award away to 7 bloggers.
3. Let them know they've received the award.

Enjoy!

1. I love my naturally curly hair, but don’t normally take the time to dry it. Most of the time, I hop out of the shower and pull it into a low ponytail/bun thing and go – SO lazy!


2. I am left-handed. But only for brushing my teeth and writing. Everything else I do with my right hand – like use my mouse, cut with scissors, bat…


3. I drive a 2-door Honda Accord that I love, but it’s on its last leg and I don’t know WHAT I’ll get next. I like the Nissan Murano the best, but I’m not sure that it’s big enough for our soon-to-be family.


4. I cry VERY easily. Even at those infamous Kleenex commercials. I cry when I’m happy, and I cry when I’m sad. And I HATE the ugly cry face…crossing fingers and toes that I don’t have ugly cry face on my wedding day. But I’m trying to come to terms with the fact of life that I probably will…


5. I believe in angels/demons and ghosts. I believe in God and the Devil. And I do think that a battle exists between Good and Evil.


6. My child fears me…just a little bit. And I’m really ok with that. (There’s still a kid inside of me that is still scared of my Mom too!) It’s part of being a parent. Most of the time we have fun, but there’s a tone and a look that I have that can stop most things that she’s doing in an instant. B responds well to it also…


7. I love Vanilla Coke…from Sonic – it’s the best and my biggest weakness on my “getting ready to wed” body.


8. I laugh HARD at least once a day. What’s the point of life if there is no joy or laughter? None for me. So I make sure to either laugh at myself, or with someone else, once a day…which sometimes makes me cry since I get SO tickled…see #4 above.


9. I respect myself and my own opinions. Having been in a relationship where I was told what to think, what to say, what to feel, and what to wear…I have vowed to never go back to that again. I want to teach my child that it’s ok to be different, as long as you like who you are and what you do, and you’re not causing harm to anyone (including yourself). I want her to be strong and independent and willing/able to stand on her own. That’s how my Mom raised me and there’s not a thing wrong with it.


10. I want the storybook ending…I never really thought that I would have it at the end of my last marriage…didn’t even believe that it existed, to be truthful…but God proved me wrong and brought B into my life. I am blessed to have my sweet little girl (who is getting bigger everyday) and a man in my life who loves me for me. I could not ask for more…but secretly hope for the baby one day too! I want to grow old with this man, I want to hold his hand through thick and thin, and I want to sit on our front porch in rocking chairs one day with our hair grey and our hands all wrinkly, but still holding on to one another…

So that’s it for me! Now, to whom should I pass this award on to? I honestly don’t know that I know seven bloggers…I’ll do some research and see what I can come up with.

Thanks Chelsea for including me in this fun game!

No comments:

Post a Comment