Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Work Out Wagon Results – Week #9

I’m not really sure how I feel about this week’s results.

Last Week’s Stats:
Weight – 148
Tummy – 31.5/37 (true waist / “tummy”)
Thighs – 23.25

Last Week’s Goals: (I’ve once again put my actual results in BOLD)
Increase my running length of time and speed, following the Couch Potato to 5K running plan – running at least 3 times Ran Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday – Woo Hoo for an extra run
Take only one day off of SOME form of exercise – do a P90X workout or swim on “off days” Did ONE ab ripper X workout – YEA!
Continue with no sodas during the week, and making good diet choices. I rediscovered a love of cherry vanilla limeades from Sonic this week when I REALLY wanted a coke, that was a good choice.
Work on smaller meals, more often. Did MUCH better on this!

Current Stats:
Weight – 146
Tummy – 31.25 / 37 (true waist / “tummy”)
Thighs – 23.25

Here are my goals for this week:
Run at least three times a week, minimum of two miles
Take only one day off of SOME form of exercise
Start doing workouts targeting specific body areas
Continue good eating habits, keeping up with food journal, and eating small snacks throughout the day

On the one hand, I’m thrilled to be TWO pounds down…on the other hand, I’m disappointed that there was not much movement on my measurements. I’ve never been one to put a lot of stock into your actual weight number. To me, it’s all about how my clothes fit, or maybe how MANY of my clothes fit…

Like most normal women, I’ve got a size range of two-three sizes that are all housed in my closet. Pre-baby clothes, post-baby clothes, post-divorce clothes…yeah, they’re all different sizes. But I can’t wear all of them. So my goals for shaping up before my wedding were more about how I fit into my clothes than about the actual amount that I weigh.

Therefore, you can understand why I’m disappointed that my measurements really don’t seem to be going anywhere.

But if I’m honest about myself and things that I’m doing or not doing, I should be able to say that it’s all my fault. For the past two months, I’ve been concentrating solely on running, which is a great cardio workout. But it shouldn’t be the ONLY workout that I do. Especially now that I’m approaching the three month mark before the wedding and I know that I want to work on arms and abs and such…

So I think that I really need to re-dedicate myself to my other workouts. I’ve been honest about how lax I’ve been with them the past month, but now it’s time to be harsh with myself. I’m not going to see results if all that I continue to do is run. I want to keep concentrating on my running, and improving my distance, but I need to start focusing on my other workouts now that my running is falling into shape nicely. I’m good with two miles of running. Yes, three would be better, but two is great.

Does anyone else have trouble changing up their workout?

I AM getting results…but I think that I would get better results if I made a few slight changes. How did you get over your unwillingness to change? Or am I just being stubborn? Mom, don’t answer that!

No comments:

Post a Comment