Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Work-out Wagon" Results - Week #2

So…are you ready for the results of week #2 on the work-out wagon? I know that I was excited to get on the scale. I’m starting to notice small changes and differences in the way that I feel about myself and how my clothes fit. So here’s a recap for you:

Last Week’s Stats:
Weight – 151
Tummy – (true waist / “tummy”) 34/37
Thighs – 24

Last Week’s Goals: (I’ve once again put my actual results in BOLD)
Two P90X workouts with Mr. CC – choosing from chest/back, arms/shoulders and kempo (following each workout with the ab ripper x workout too) Chest/back on Tuesday (no abs) and Arms/Shoulders on Thursday with abs
Run 2 times this week on other days – 5 minute warm-up then running sprints lasting 30-60 second a piece for 20 minutes followed by 5 minute cool down Ran THREE times this week following program
Cut back on Soda (one every other day, if possible) Sunday and Monday – one each day
Cut back on Sweets (possibly do a reward at the end of the day if I was “good” during the day) I kept up with rewarding myself, and had a piece of cake one day at work – (Those pesky cake-baking people!)

Current Stats:
Weight – 149
Tummy – 33.75/37 (true waist / “tummy”)
Thighs – 23.75

So…what do you think? I think that I did great! I’ve lost a total of 5 pounds since starting this go round, which just really goes to show how watching what you eat (counting those calories) can really help a girl out. I’m hoping to just need to do this religiously for these first few weeks. Once I’ve built up my running and work-outs, counting those calories won’t be nearly as important as they have been the last two weeks. That’s not to say that at that time that I’ll just eat whatever I want, but I don’t think that I’ll worry as much as I do right now about it all.

I’m thrilled to see some improvement on my actual measurements this week. Weight to me is just a number, it’s really more important to me how I fit into my clothes – and the all important WEDDING DRESS that matters more to me. So, although there wasn’t a LOT of improvement, there was some. I really need to get better with my ab ripper X workout to continue to improve those numbers!

So here are my goals for this week:
Two P90X workouts – chest/back and arms/shoulders along with ab workout
One additional ab workout during the week
Run three times a week – starting the Couch Potato to 5K program (more on this later!)
Continue with no sodas during the week and watching my sweets

I think that these goals are totally doable for me, and I’ve made some small adjustments there to try and keep these results coming in. All in all, I’m thrilled with how the first two weeks have gone, and other than some initial stiffness right after I run (those shins just hurt!) I’ve become accustomed to the physical strain again, without the major aches and pains. I can’t wait to see what my small adjustments to my goals might gain me on my results this week.

How are you doing with your own weight loss goals? Do the results that you see help to motivate you all that much more, like mine do?

No comments:

Post a Comment