Friday, May 29, 2009

The "Perfect" Wedding Flower?


MOH, you MIGHT not want to read this post….

It’s not about you…but in the effort for you to keep your sanity…and your possible frustration level with me down…it just might be a good idea to skip reading my blog today…

So, Mr. CC is playing softball. It’s a city league, and his first game was the other night. Being the supportive fiancé that I am, and since I work with everyone that’s on the team, little CC and I packed up a “picnic” from Chick-Fil-A and headed on over to the softball fields. While the game wasn’t the stunning success that the team had hoped for…it was fun for us none-the-less.

I know, I know. Some of you are wondering what exactly this has to do with a wedding blog, right? Here goes. MOH, hold on to your hat…

While driving over to the softball fields, I accidently took a wrong turn. Not an abnormal thing for me, and it got me to where I needed to be eventually, so it wasn’t a big deal. Imagine my surprise when I’m driving down this unfamiliar road, trying to figure out if it’s going to put me in the same place that I meant to be going in the first place when I see something that just takes my breath away.

A field of wild sunflowers.

Standing there, growing alongside the busy road that I was on, and just looking gorgeous! And this thought pops into my brain – “wouldn’t those flowers be gorgeous with a black and cream wedding?”

Yeah, that’s when you know that you’ve got a little too much wedding on the brain!

And here’s where it gets tricky. I have to confess…I can’t get the image out of my head…take a look at something similar…

source

Isn’t that just gorgeous?!?!? Yeah, I’m floored. All these visions of sunflowers are dancing around in my head…sunflowers scattered on the aisle…sunflowers lazily gathered in a vase with some raffia tying them up…just a great “rusticy” outdoor, hardy flower. So simple. So gorgeous. Perfect for a wedding.

I suppose this is forefront on my mind since I’ve had so many thoughts about flowers running through my head…it just almost makes me rethink those pesky eggplant tablecloths.

Relax Mr. CC and MOH…I did say ALMOST. J

I hope that you all have a great weekend. I’ll be busily making up some flower pomanders out of some silk flowers that I picked up yesterday at Hobby Lobby. This was one of the many suggestions that I got from this post, and I’m going to give it a go this weekend. I’ll be sure to post some pics for you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment