Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update for Week #1

Well, it’s been a week since I got back on the work-out wagon. (That sounds SO funny to type/read – does it give you a chuckle like it does me? Maybe I’m just a dork!)

Anyway. Here’s where we left off:

Beginning stats:
Weight - 154
Tummy - 34/37 (true waist/"tummy")
Thighs – 24

Last Week’s Goals: (I’ve put my actual progress in BOLD)
Two P90X workouts with Mr. CC – choosing from chest/back, arms/shoulders and kempo (following each workout with the ab ripper x workout too)
Arms/shoulders and abs – Tuesday (partial on abs)
Run 2 times this week on other days – 5 minute warm-up then running sprints lasting 30-60 second a piece for 20 minutes followed by 5 minute cool down
Ran – Sunday and Thursday
Walked – Monday
Cut back on Soda (one every other day, if possible)
Sunday, Friday and Saturday had one soda each day
Cut back on Sweets (possibly do a reward at the end of the day if I was “good” during the day)
I won’t say that I didn’t eat sweets, but there were no sweets eaten between meals at my desk all day…and I usually just had something sweet at the end of the day for “being good”

So…I think that I did GREAT! I met almost all of my goals, and eased into my workouts again. Now, that’s not saying that there wasn’t any pain…you might have noticed that the time between my runs was almost a full week. Yes, there were several days of walking (barely) around muttering under my breath with each and every step that I took. But that’s probably normal, right? And the lack of sweets that I ate was amazing to me – I’ve got a HUGE sweet tooth, so I thought that this would be my biggest challenge. Luckily, I anticipated this and stocked my desk with healthier alternatives that would satisfy the sweet urge without eating candy.

By day 4, my legs felt normal again, and I was ready to attempt another run the next day…and I was not as sore that second time after my run as I was the first! The bad news is that since it took me so long to “recover” from the first run, I feel a little behind schedule on my progress with increasing my times on my runs, so I probably just won’t alter that goal any for this week.

Anyway, all of that is just fluff without posting my current stats, so here they are:

Current stats:
Weight - 151
Tummy - (true waist/"tummy") 34/37
Thighs – 24

This Week’s Goals:
Two P90X workouts with Mr. CC – choosing from chest/back, arms/shoulders and kempo (following each workout with the ab ripper x workout too)
Run 2 times this week on other days – 5 minute warm-up then running sprints lasting 30-60 second a piece for 20 minutes followed by 5 minute cool down
Cut back on Soda (one every other day, if possible)
Cut back on Sweets (possibly do a reward at the end of the day if I was “good” during the day)

You might have noticed, but I’m not changing my goals at all for this next week. When Mr. CC and I started our workouts the last time, I noticed that it took my body about two full weeks to get adjusted to the changes that I was starting to make. So, with that in mind, I’m going to keep things status quo for one more week. By the next week, my body will be ready and able to adjust/increase some of those goals so that I see more progress.

I’m thrilled with my progress this last week overall. I made good eating choices, stuck to doing something physical almost every day, and still managed to have time “off” to enjoy myself and my family. If I’m completely honest, then I would have to admit that I’m a little disappointed that none of my measurements changed, even though there was weight loss…guess it came off of my boobs! I hope that I continue to keep up the momentum, and it’s been a lot of fun to hear from you all with your encouraging words and your own work-out plans!

Keep it coming! Good luck this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment